Help Ukraine: Identity Verification of Refugees
On February 24th, the life of each Ukrainian dramatically changed because of the Russian invasion. Today, you can hardly find anyone who hasn’t heard or read about the Russian-Ukrainian war, as it is exposed across all media channels.
The terror and genocide started by Russia have affected every Ukrainian industry and region. The invasion deteriorated both demographic and ecological situations and caused an economic crisis. It also negatively impacted the economy of countries that have had partner agreements with Ukraine.
Consider the following facts verified by world-leading organizations:
- More than 6,000 civilian casualties have been recorded as of the end of April 2022. 210 killed children are among these cases, according to Statista.com, based on the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) information.
- Ukraine’s economy is expected to be reduced by 45.1% in 2022, according to The World Bank.
- More than 12 million people have fled their homes in Ukraine since the beginning of the Russian invasion, and over 5.7 million of them have left for the neighboring countries, according to the BBC news agency.
- Over 30% of Ukraine’s infrastructure was damaged or destroyed because of the Russian invasion, and financial losses amounted to as high as $100 billion, according to the Reuters news agency.
- Some locations, including the infamous Mariupol, have been razed to the ground, according to the Reuters news agency.
Ukrainian people are screaming out for help. They need citizens of other countries to come out for protests, donate to the Ukrainian Army, and fight on the informational frontline by reposting the horrible pictures of the destroyed homes and victims of Russian terror.
Many Ukraine helpers have already given millions of our refugees shelter. If you feel the need to support those standing their ground for freedom and those trying to survive, there are ways you can do that, even if you live far from the affected territories.
How Can I Help Ukraine? – Proven Ways to Provide Your Aid
Ukrainians have been resisting the attacks of Russian troops for more than 10 weeks, and the achievements made by volunteers go way beyond human imagination. Every day, people donate to the Ukrainian army, support volunteers, aid refugees, and help ones left without means of being self-sustained. Today, millions of people around the world contribute by gathering funds, sending supplies, hosting Ukrainians, and exposing the terrifying consequences of this war on social media.
So, how to help Ukraine right now?
See Opportunities How to Help the Ukrainian Army
The Armed Forces of Ukraine comprise thousands of well-trained soldiers. They are severely outnumbered but keep fighting for the freedom and independence of their country. Each of them is ready to contribute their life to victory. You do not have to fill their ranks to help. But Ukrainian non-profitable organizations gather huge funds to support the Ukrainian Army with military equipment, and anyone can donate to Ukraine this way.
So far, the special fundraising account opened to support the Armed Forces of Ukraine has received donations in the amount of more than $537.6 million. By contributing to the Ukrainian army, you help soldiers protect their country from the invasion and save the global economy from the long-term consequences of this military conflict elaboration.
Learn Real Ways to Support Volunteers
Volunteering is equally essential, as human resources are needed to offer sufficient assistance to everyone who has suffered from the war. Volunteers help establish and support Ukrainian charity funds, locate the needed supplies, transport refugees, and coordinate the distribution of money raised from donations.
Some of the ways to support volunteers are:
- Donate money to Ukraine and volunteering organizations. This will help them deliver more support and potentially save the lives of people struggling to fill their families’ plates or members of territorial defense that do not have sufficient military equipment such as vests or night vision devices.
- Donate food and clothes to refugees. All items will be delivered to cities that are currently under occupation and to people that managed to get out of locations where military events take place.
- Support Ukraine in the field of informational warfare. Help organize protests and calls to the local governments asking them to act. It is especially crucial in countries where politicians hesitate to allocate resources to support Ukraine.
No matter what your location is or what your financial capabilities are, you can take part in protecting the freedom and independence of an entire nation through the means of volunteering.
Sign Up as a Volunteer Yourself
Another essential contribution you can make to Ukraine — become a volunteer. There are options both in Ukraine and overseas:
- Help the nearest Ukrainian refugee service center. Coordinate people who arrived in the neighboring countries, help them get the essentials, find a shelter, help them with contacts of the local kindergartens and schools, and assist in searching for a job position. Also, you can provide psychological support to those in need.
- Coordinate humanitarian help. Help gather the essentials in your city and send them to the war areas in Ukraine. Besides, Ukrainian soldiers need military equipment, medicine, fuel, food, and other life-saving supplies.
Why volunteering may seem like the smallest thing you can do, it is actually the human contact that is most valuable to people who are fleeing from war.
Discover How You Can Aid Ukrainian Refugees
Most Ukrainian refugees have escaped war zones with little to no luggage, so the essential things they need are food, clothes, and shelter. If you wonder how to help Ukraine, you can do it by donating the necessary goods, food, or money to charity organizations is your opportunity.
In case you have space available for rent, you can become a host for refugees. Ukrainians are also in great need of local job opportunities. So, if you have some contacts to share, it is already great assistance.
How to Help Ukraine and Its People: Useful Resources
In Ukraine charity movements gather donations from all around the world. Below we provide links to influential organizations that help the Ukrainian people.
Charity Organizations Helping Ukraine
Here you’ll find some of the influential services that are continuously helping Ukrainian people that need any kind of support: from food and clothing to medications and psychological assistance. These platforms are the best way to send money to Ukraine.
- World Central Kitchen. WCK by Jose Andres is serving meals to people in need. They joined the ranks of Ukrainian helpers in the early days of the Russian invasion in February. They are currently helping Ukrainian refugees in Poland and Romania.
- Razom. This project offers emergency response during an extreme and unforeseen situation in Ukraine. They assist in multiple ways, from logistics services to engineering support.
- UNICEF USA. This organization provides healthcare assistance, nutrition, and informational support to all victims of war.
- SOS Ukraine. This community focuses on people who've been forced to leave their homes and need humanitarian assistance such as food, clothing, medication, etc.
- United Help Ukraine. This organization assembles first aid kits and other emergency medical supplies and delivers them to the front lines.
Services to Become a Host
If you’re searching for other methods apart from donating money to Ukraine and have free rooms to share — become a host! Some useful resources are listed below.
Resources to Offer Job Opportunities
Ukrainian citizens are known among employers as hard workers and professionals in multiple industries such as IT, business, marketing, construction, automotive, manufacturing, healthcare, and many others. Offering them a job position via the links to international platforms below is always the right call.
Join Peaceful Protest in Your Country
If used properly, your voice can turn into a weapon. Today, all social media channels expose thousands of events to support Ukrainians. Most of them can be easily searched by #StandforUkraine. Putting this hashtag under your posts may be a way to raise donations for Ukraine and a great chance to draw more attention to this terrible war. It will help call the local governments to action and keep reminding them that thousands of innocent people are being murdered daily until the invaders are defeated.
What Else Can You Do to Take Action?
For everyone asking themselves “how can I help Ukraine” — whatever you do matters. The support from countries worldwide allows Ukrainians to keep fighting for their freedom and independence.
Staying informed is also important. Share useful information and articles that expose the consequences of this war, learn the most recent updates from different sources, and discuss events that are taking place with others. After all, winning in informational warfare today is almost equally important to fighting battles in eastern Ukraine.
All contributions are appreciated, no matter the size and form. We all believe that “Life will win over death, and the light will win over darkness,” as president Zelensky said.
Let’s restore peace in Ukraine together!